the efforts of practising professionals.
fellowship and ethics amongst members.
Who We Are
Established in 1965, PEATA India is a forum for Practising Engineers, Architects and Town Planners Association. Formed with the aim to safeguard the interest of practising professionals, it is a unique effort to bring several complementary and supplementary disciplines under a single umbrella in order to cater to their day-to-day needs.
From the President’s DeskAr. Samir R. Hingoo
President, PEATA (I)
I, Samir Hingoo, would like to thank the entire PEATA PARIVAR along with the executive committee members, Past Presidents and all the senior architects, who have given me the chance to lead our prestigious organisation.
As I think back over the past 18 years since I first started working for PEATA, with Newsletters in 2002 and then in 2010 when I contested the election for Executive committee it has been a memorable journey. I think the vision of seniors giving a platform to young, budding architects has been fulfilled.
In all seriousness, I am honoured to follow the line up of people who have provided guidance to PEATA in the past; each of our past Presidents has brought a different vision with them and all have proven to have different strengths. I suppose I am no different and I have some ideas, and I hope that you will support me as you’ve supported the Presidents who have preceded me.
Looking forward into my years as a President I can see how much time and energy goes into the smooth running of an organisation. I have thought of a few innovative ideas which I would like to implement during coming 2 years such as:
1) Peata (I) Would like to extend beyond its forte of BMC/SRA /MHADA and I would start a committee, which would handle the study of approval of Thane Municipal Corporation, with this we would extend our membership to Thane region as well.
2) We would be also forming a committee on approvals in Cidco / Navi Mumbai.
3) PEATA Connect, a new committee, will handle all Public relations of PEATA (I), such as follow up of letters to various departments of MCGM / UD. Along with making PEATA’s presence on social media.
4) Knowledge cell of PEATA (I) would handle the Webinar series / Lectures series and Newsletters.
5) PEATA would also now be actively involved with problems faced by our fellow professionals. We would be concentrating to solve issues which can be solved, at Dy che / Chief engineers / MC level.
6) PEATA will henceforth reply to every letter addressed for PEATA’s intervention. As a president, I will always be available, be it a small issue at zonal bp level or at Municipal Commissioners level.
7) PEATA will also, in coming years, be more involved with the design building industry and hence I would like to bring in design architects to share their views and vision.
8) Though most of the colleges are associated with PEATA for their workshops, henceforth PEATA should also be involved in promoting Peata’s activities on college campuses, so that all budding architects can be members of Peata at an early stage of their career.
I would need experienced seniors and young architects to fulfil our vision for the next 2 years. Today, I appeal to all who would like to work for PEATA to come forward and share their ideas for betterment of our organisation
As I take over the Presidentship, I would also be taking over the responsibilities of representing our association to various forums, related to the building industry and I would see to it that PEATA as a body is given its proper due on these forums.
We would also be, as always, working with the Municipal authorities / Sra / Mhada and would represent our issues as and when required to each and every level of the approving authority.
Thank You Once again!
Ar. Samir R. Hingoo
President, PEATA (I)
Peata is considered as a Knowledge Bank consisting of high-tech practicing professionals in the Building Industry. Our association is known for its mature and rational approach in the corridors of M.C.G.M. and U.D. Department, which can be relied upon to give correct assessment of the policies and its effects.
PEATA is a unique organisation of Architects, Engineers and Town Planners, which plays a vital role in facilitating development permissions and is a pillar for practicing professionals across M.C.G.M., Mantralaya and MMR region.
PEATA to me, is the ability to see the big picture, the need to be patient yet dynamic and one where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.