PRACTISING ENGINEERS, ARCHITECTS & TOWN PLANNERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA.
(REG. NO. BOM 32/19166 GBBSD)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION.
The name of the Association shall be practising Engineers Architects and Town Planners Association of India, shortly termed as “PEATA INDIA”.
The office of the Association shall always be in the city of Mumbai at such place or places as the Executive Committee may decide from time to time.
- Aims & Objects
- To unite, encourage and foster the ideals of the profession and to promote fellowship and ethical conduct amongst members, in India, and such professionals settled abroad.
- To promote and advance the common interest of the members and to act as a liaison between members and various statutory or non-statutory authorities.
- To represent, interact and take active participation with all concerned Local, Government and other statutory authorities and seek redressal of the grievances of members of the Association.
- To communicate and cooperate with other associations or institutions or bodies, having similar objects and generally to take any action or actions which are incidental and conductive of the attainment of the objects of the Association.
- To disseminate knowledge by holding conferences, workshops, meetings, seminars, training, competitions and gatherings either at local, national or international level or to conduct, manage, encourage or sponsor tours in the country or abroad on the subjects affecting or related to the professions or the Society in general either solely or in association with other institutions, associations, Societies, or bodies or to participate in workshops meetings, seminars, conferences, gatherings, tours, debates or discussions, etc. held by other associations, institutions, societies.
- To represent & take active participation with the local and statutory authorities of Govt., etc. in framing rules, regulations, enactments for the benefit of the fraternity and public at large and to assume initiative for implementation as deem fit.
- To promote and make society aware of general standards of better planning, living, construction and maintenance of buildings and to take steps for its fulfilment by the formation of libraries or library of references and to print and publish necessary pamphlets, periodicals, news items or papers or press releases or press conferences, publishing of books or making necessary materials and holding exhibitions for the above purpose.
- To promote, harmonise and co-ordinate a better mode of quality control and construction management to translate the efforts of all concerned professionals and for that purpose, to devise, create necessary information, study or study courses of short and longer duration leading to better construction management.
- To promote the benefit of professional practice and its advantage in the rural area and to take, devise or arrange necessary steps and actions for such purpose either solely or in cooperation with other like-minded associations, institutions, or bodies.
- Generally, to act for the common benefit of members in order to achieve a better position and working in the society and also to act as an arbitrator in disputes between members on professional matters if requested to do so by the parties to dispute, and/or to assist for the appointment of arbitrator/s, etc.
- Amendment of Constitution
No amendment or alteration to the constitutions shall be considered unless proposed by the Executive Committee. Any change or amendment in the memorandum of Association shall be as per the procedure prescribed in section 12 of the Society Registration Act 1860 or its amendments as in force.
- We the several persons whose name and designation mentioned hereunder and who are the members of the duly constituted Executive Committee of the Association and who are desirous of adopting changes in the Name, Aims, Objects, Rules & Regulations of the Association, hereby declare and adopt the said changes, recorded hereinabove.
Sr. No. Name & Designation
- Mr. Jayant M. Vaidya (President)
- Mr. Vijay V. Phulkar (Imm. Past President)
- Mr. Dilip R. Sanghavi (Vice President)
- Mr. Manoj V. Daisaria (Jt. Hon. Secretary)
- Mr. Ajit P. Khatri (Jt. Hon. Secretary)
- Mr. Bharat C. Shah (Jt. Hon. Secretary)
- Ms. Lisa K. Dodeja (Hon. Treasurer)
- Mr. R. B. Bhalwankar
- Mr. Sunil Deole
- Ms. Veena Ekbote
- Mr. Pravin R. Kanekar
- Mr. Tarun Mota
- Mr. T. Y. Potdar
- Mr. Sandeep Raheja
- Mr. Dhiru M. Barai (Co-opted)
- Mr. N. R. Malik ( Co-opted)